"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Sunday, September 11, 2016

15 YEARS AGO TODAY

I am feeling very overwhelmed right now. I while ago I commented on a post on Facebook from one of my cousins about 9/11.
 
I said that while looking for a positive "Remembrance " pic for 9/11 on Google to post on my blog ( see yesterdays post), I saw so many awful pics of the reality of that day. Photos of the planes, the damaged buildings, the explosive cloud of fire, the fear on the faces of the people who were there, the fire fighters. It made me so emotional that I couldn't write any text.

I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. My son, was getting ready for school and I had the TV on. I was sitting there watching it all in disbelief and thinking " is this REALLY HAPPENING?? My son, then 16 years old, was going to have to go to school and hear about this frightening thing all day. :(
 
It was difficult to leave the TV and go to work. And even more difficult to get through the day smiling and telling customers to  "have a nice day." I felt like every time I said that, I was being disrespectful :( Could we ever have a nice day again? As I commented on my cousins post, the tears flowed again.

Many innocent lives were lost. May God continue to strengthen and bless their families and friends.

And may we always remember and never forget

2 comments:

  1. It was an awful day. And very scary days followed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It upsets me to just think about it, I will never forget. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)