"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

HOWDY HOWDY. HAPPY SPRING ! AND AN UPDATE



Hi everyone, 

Well, spring is officially here. Here in western Washington it isn't much different than winter or fall. LOL 

There is Skagit County we have the Tulip Festival. It is cool. Tulips and daffodils galore. Farms of  them as far as the eye can see. :)
Maybe someday we can go see them. Here are a couple of pics from Google of our flowers.


Aren't they lovely?

Now the update. Last Wednesday I started my treatment. Two pills that I have to take until they do the job. One is called Ibrance. It wasn't available when I had the breast cancer 12 years ago. It is the 'chemo' pill. It works different than the regular bad chemo. Instead of going all over your entire body and making you feel lousy this med targets the breast cancer wherever it may be and knocks it out. The breast cancer is in my lungs. It is not lung cancer. That is different. This pill is not suppose to have the bad side effects that regular chemo has. 

The other  pill is Letrozole. It is an estrogen blocking pill. Estrogen is what this cancer eats to grow. There will be a few side effects though, I have been told with the Ibrance. But they are mild. One is fatigue. Well, I won't know if it effects me that way since I am already so exhausted all the time anyway. lol The usual things that are listed for side effects like nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, vomiting and all that fun stuff are possible too.
I have been a little off balance but I will survive. :)
The estrogen blocking pill could cause hormonal problems they say. I don't know if that will happen as I am way past the hot flashes and etc stage. :)

Anyway the first pill is taken every day for 3 weeks then off for 1 week, then start again. The other is everyday, no stopping.
Then on day 14 I need to do labs to see if it is working and now my white blood cell count is. If it gets low I would be less able to fight infections.
Ok enough of that boring stuff :) 

We have found a place for my husband to go so he can be taken care of and so I can take care of just me. Please pray that the paperwork can be done quickly and he can get settled soon, ok?
I really need to sleep for a month or so. lol

Ok my friend I have to go to sleep.
Take care.

6 comments:

  1. I love tulip! I try to keep them going and on my table as long as possible every spring. A neighbor told me how to raise them to bloom in the winter, but I haven't tried it yet.

    Although cancer is never fun, I lost my sister and inlaws to it, it sounds like treatment will be so much easier on you than the previous go-around. That's a blessing!

    Also, what a blessing it is to know that you can concentrate on healing and not use all your energy on caring for your husband. I hope things go smoothly!

    Lastly, I love your blog! I come here to check on you often and you are on my prayer list!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I am so sorry to hear about your sister and inlaws. :( It is such awful thing.
      I will try to stop by and check out your blogs soon. The pills make me get really tired and sometimes it takes forever for me to get anything done.
      Have a great week.
      Take care

      Delete
  2. I love tulips, they are lovely. I am so glad that they found a treatment for you. I pray that it works and you will be finished with it quickly. I am so thankful that you found a nice place for your husband Yes, you do need to rest and take care of yourself. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lecia. :) I do hope this goes well. My husband just asked today when will he get to come home. He has only been there 2 days. I hope he will get to like it and make friends and get involved in the activities. I still have not totally relaxed. I worry that things will get messed up. My sister is having a crisis now and I don't understand why. The timing stinks. I don't know what to do. But I guess I will survive and figure it out.
      I hope you have a great week.Take care Hugs

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you sweet friend, prayers for you, your husband and sister. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)