"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Monday, November 12, 2012

VETERANS DAY


Hi everyone,

I hope you have had a nice  Sunday. I was reading a friend's blog today. She did a  post on Veterans Day and wrote a poem too. You can find it here Nana Diana Takes A Break . Diana is a fun lady. If you have time please check out the rest of her blog. It is hilarious. :)

The poem made me think of something that I hadn't thought of before. And I am embarrassed to admit this. When we think of our Vets of the past, do we think that some of US wouldn't be here if some of THEM hadn't come home safe? This makes this a very personal thing.
 
I have several ancestors who fought in past wars on both sides of my family. My grandpa, my mothers father was in WWI in France. If he hadn't been protected and brought home safely there would be no Joy (his daughter & my mom) and no me or my sister. 

If soldiers of the past in my dad's family too had not come home my sister and I wouldn't be here. 

Thank you Heavenly Father for bringing them and others home safely. Please continue to watch over them.

Take care all....
......


Oh..sorry I was just having a little chocolate attack. Mmmmmm doesn't that look soooooooo yummmy? Wish I had some. :)

 

3 comments:

  1. Morning Janet....Nice post and so very True. Most of us wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for the safe return of our Fathers, Grandfathers, Brothers & Uncles.

    God Bless them for protecting our Freedom & for coming home!

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet...I am so grateful that my father-in-law was able to return from war in Germany so that I would eventually meet his son. Bless all our veterans!--Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm glad to see that Veterans are still remembered. Our "Remembrance Day" in Canada is Nov 11. For many years the crowds at the cenotaph declined but in the past few years there has been a resurgence of interest. This years ceremony drew a great crowd and was very moving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)