"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Thursday, January 23, 2014

A SPIRITUAL MOMENT FOR WHO?


Hi everyone,
 
As you know mom has been in a nursing home now for about 5 months. It has been hard for her because she has big anxiety attacks.  :(
 
Tuesday night I visited her for dinner and the evening. When it was time for me to go she got scared. She was laying in her bed, she started to cry and held her arms out to me. Like "don't go, stay, hold me." It was heartbreaking.  So I sat down again at her bedside and held her hand. She said she was afraid of being alone and that she'd never get to hug me again.  :(
 
As I held her hand I told her. She is NEVER alone. It has been a while since she's been to church. And a while since we have had any kind of religious discussions. So I wasn't sure how she felt about things.

I told her to remember Jesus. That he loves her and that he is there for her. I told her that besides the physical suffering he went through, he also went through a lot of mental and emotional suffering. He felt all of the feelings that we have.  The bad ones as well as the good. He especially felt completely and utterly alone at the end when on the cross he said "My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?" He was left, in the final seconds of his life, without the presence of the Spirit. When the Father had to withdraw from him. For Christ's atonement to be complete, he had to do it ALONE.

Can you imagine how that felt? He KNOWS how we feel. He knows what it is like to be completely without anyone. It had to be that way so that he would know how to help us when we needed it.

I told mom this and told her to pray. Ask Heavenly Father to give her the strength she needed to get through the night. After a little while more I went home. She didn't call all night.

I went to see her for breakfast the next morning. She was doing great. Then she said this...(I have told this to a few people and every time it has made me cry) she said I prayed all night. So you would be proud of me. (misty eyes) I thought wow!

She said that the anxiety went away and she was calm. :)
She felt the calming influence of the Spirit. WOW! 

It IS real. God and Jesus are real. They know us each by name and loves us so much. If each of us can feel that love deep down in our hearts....sighhh

As this post title says..A SPIRITUAL MOMENT FOR WHO?

For mom yes....but for me too. Feeling HIS love is amazing.

 
We are never alone.
 
 Take care my friends.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow ~ what a lovely post, y6ou are so good to your MOm, and did the best thing ever for her!
    Bless you both.
    Hope your hubby is improving a little, dear Janet.
    Hope you got my little reply on my blog?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet-That is a wonderful testimony to the spirit of God working through an Earthly messenger (you) to reach another soul. Just imagine how many people your Mom might touch in that nursing home. It is scary for older people to tbe in those situations. It is like they can see the end of their life staring them in their face. God bless her AND you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)