"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

MOM UPDATE AND PRAYER




My goodness !! Yesterday was crazy. I found out from my hubby at 12:30pm that he had a dr  appt at 3pm.  The Dial- a- Ride bus would pick us up at 1:50.  We had to wait at the Dr's office for an hour til our appt time. Then he was late getting to us...another half hour. :( And we only were with him for 10 minutes. If  I had known that was how they did things I would have just taken him there myself in our car.

Then I spent from 4:30 or so til around 11pm with mom. She is having such a hard time. She is not comfortable. She is scared and having anxiety attacks. :(  She says she doesn't want to die in that place. She is not happy there. I am trying to find a new place for her to go. 

I asked her during the evening if we could say a prayer and she shook her head. She feels that she is not worth it. That she is a bad person. And that God in punishing her for the bad things she's done in her life. I said that isn't so. She is a good person and God doesn't work that way. He loves us all so much. He loves HER so much. 

Later I asked again if we could pray, she said yes. :) I said a prayer. I am not the greatest pray-er in the world but I think it helped and she was calm when I left. I told her after she said that she didn't know how to pray, that she just has to talk to Him. Not even out loud...just say what is in her heart. I hope that this will help her each night to relax and be comfortable.

Thank you for your comments and prayers...they keep me going. :) Please  let me know how you are doing. I like long comments or emails :) See sidebar for email address.

Take care my friends.  Be safe and stay warm. God bless you.




3 comments:

  1. Oh- My! You have had such a hard time there with your Mom. I bet she does feel scared at night and probably lonely. It would be good if she could just pray and let God's peace roll over her and comfort her.

    I hope you are doing okay and taking care of yourself, Janet. Did you ever get moved? I think you were talking about doing that, weren't you?

    God bless you- I will keep you in my prayers. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been absent for so long, I've missed reading the blog. I'm praying for some comfort for your Mom and for you-it is a lot to deal with having a parent not well or unhappy. I hope she is able to let His peace soothe her.
    Take good care of yourself during these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NanaDiana sent me over to meet you, and I am glad she did. So sorry you are having a had time finding the right place for your mom. I will praying that your mom finds peace and that you will have what you need when you need it. Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)