"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday's Think-About-Verse



Hi everyone. I hope that you all have had a great weekend. A cooler one. We had awfully hot days this past week. Friday and Saturday nights cooled things down a lot.  Friday night we had a great thunder, lightning and rain storm. It was wonderful. And today, Sunday, was cooler. Another storm is brewing at this very minute. :)  I am very grateful to the Lord for this. During the awfully hot times I totally lost my head. I was very scary. :(

Today's think-about-verse is 1 John 3:2....

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.  (italics and underline added)

What does this verse mean to you? What concepts or doctrines do you see being taught here? I'd be interested in your answers. Let me know what you think, k?

Have a wonderful week everyone...



 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janet..
    what a great scripture.
    I have started a scripture journal.
    I worked on it Sunday.

    Have a great week!!

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerin,

      How are you doin? :) I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We will be in Logan by Saturday.

      This past week has been really hot. Too hot to pack in. Today we got a break. YAYYY I hope it will be on the cool side for the rest of this week. :)

      Take care

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I think it means that when we see Jesus, we will see what we can be, or what we are which is like him. Ah,if that makes any sense. I just hope I am more like him when I meet him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)