"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cold Cold Cold Cold...did I say its cold?

Hi all, I hope you had a great Monday.  It is now 2:06 am, no matter what the posting time will say down below. :)  The weather thingy on the sidebar says it is 2 degrees.  The yahoo toolbar on my browser says it is 4 below.  BRRRRRRR

Today my car door lock was a little frozen.  And the car windows were a lot frozen. Saturday I went to Subway, a sub sandwich drive through place here and had to open my door to order, brrr.  And when I got to the window I had to open the door again to pay and get my food, cause the windows were frozen shut, brrr again.  And Sunday was cold too. brr

And tonight, the last two times I took Princess Downy out to go potty, I stood in the doorway waiting for her and freezing lol.  More brrrr.  Ok, all this brrrr-ing is making me cold again. lol I will stop now.

The winter weather here in Evanston, Wyoming  is nothing compared to the winter weather in Rawlins, Wyoming.  We lived there for a year and a half. The wind there is fierce. Rawlins is out in the middle of nowhere.  There are no hills, mountains, or trees to break the winds.  Rawlins is a nice little town where everyone has the same hair style, the windswept look. :)

When we were there, the winter winds were so bad that the siding on one of the buildings in our apartment complex was torn off.  When it snowed and was windy at the same time, it was nuts to even go outside. Temps of 20 below or colder. Car doors frozen. Lock to the front door of the apartment frozen.  We had to use the neighbor's hair dyer on the lock. lol.   Oh and it was smart to go to the bathroom before coming home cause you never knew when the lock would be frozen and you'd be  dancin' while using the hair dryer on the lock. :)

We lived on the top floor of our apartment building and the wind was so bad that I thought for sure it was going to whisk us away and drop us in Munchkin Land. One windstorm made the part of town near downtown look like a war zone.  Signs down all over.  Trees that were a hundred years old or more ripped out of the ground. Cars smashed by trees. Trash everywhere. Wyoming has its own "Windy City".  Wait, didn't I say I was going to stop talking about the COLD?  LOL, silly me.

I loved the town though. It was small. The people were nice.  Our church friends were so sweet that I wanted to just bring them all with us when we moved back here. I sure miss them all. 

Well, I should go. It is late and I have a few more things to do before bed. Have a wonderful Tuesday . Thank you for your comments and for visiting.  Take care, ((hugs)) 







3 comments:

  1. Sheesh... it is cold there!
    In all honesty, it gets pretty cold here in the winter too.
    We generally have about 2 weeks of double digit negative temperatures. Usually in Jan.
    Although.. this year it's already begun. Yuck!

    I have a cousin that lived in Wamsutter(sp) WY for 7 years. She HATED it .
    She once told me that no matter what sin she commited, she would never go to h**l. ...'cause she'd already spent 7 years there.
    I had to laugh.
    Guess it was pretty rough on her.

    We have a funeral to go to today, and I'm hoping it warms up to 10 degrees.
    Until then, I'm sticking close to the wood burning stove :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it really is cold where you live. We get pretty cold here but usually not until Jan. I DO NOT like cold. I love snow, just not the cold that usually comes with it. Enjoy your day, stay warm and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, that is cold! It is in the 20's here and when I was out it just didn't seem that cold. I think, perhaps, I am just used to it or just getting older. Of course 20's is nothing compared to 2 or 4 below! I am positive I would be cold then!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)