"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sleepless In Wyoming And Snow

Hi everyone,

We didn't sleep at all last night, well I got about 2 hours.  Mel was having bad pain in his legs. Fluid retention because he is diabetic.  He would try to lay down and few minutes later he was up.  He'd watched TV. The first time I watched TV too. Then he'd come back to bed and try again only to be up again  after a while. He stayed up and watched TV and I slept a couple hours this time.

It was hurting him so bad by 10 am that he wanted to go to the hospital.  He was having bad headaches too.  They checked his blood pressure and it was 146/123...higher than I have ever seen it.  They said that the fluid retention in his body could cause that and that the high BP could cause his headaches. So they gave him something for that and a diuretic and gave us both lunch. ( Didn't know I was going to get lunch out of the deal.) lol. Then they also gave him something for his headache.


We came home and Mel has been napping most of the time since. He is doing ok. We could use some help from above though. Could you please remember us in your prayers. I would appreciated it so much. It is neat that we can be here for each other. :)


We did get snow today. This morning it was overcast foggy and snowy.  I think we may have had about 4 inches or so. We got enough to cover the lawn and the prints in the old snow. Now it looks untouched, just how I like it. I shoveled a few times today for doggie. I didn't shovel out the big area I made for her in the yard so she got to just the entrance of it and no further. She came in with a very wet snowy tummy. Awwww.

I don't know if we are going to church tomorrow. As I have said before I do hate to miss it.  If Mel isn't feeling well I will have to stay home with him.  I can watch on the internet some scripture discussion programs. I love that. :)


I should go and this will again be posted before midnight. YAYYYYY me. LOL Have a wonderful Sunday. Take care,

PS there was a problem with posting as you can see, it says Sunday 12:00am.  Phooey :(  Night night




4 comments:

  1. Hi Janet
    I am so sorry that Mel was having such trouble.I have been there too. Our youngest was very sickly as a toddler and we spent many a sleepless night at hospitals. Glad to hear he is home and now able to get some rest. That is exhausting...for both of you. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.
    It's nice to see a fesh coat of snow, isn't it. So pretty and white. Stay warm and YOU get some rest too!!! hugs,Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope today is a better day for you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I am praying for your Hubby.
    We believe and have the faith in the Lord.
    please let your Hubby know that my husband(hubby) and I are praying for him.
    I have high blood pressure and when I saw those numbers and I couldn't believe that and I said a prayer went when I was on your blog. I am so happy that I found your blog. I love it!
    Praise the Lord!
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, as I am just reading your post, I am hoping God intervened and your hubby is feeling much better today. Sending prayers your way. Stay safe and keep warm.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)