"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Saturday, May 26, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY


Hi everyone,

I am grateful to live in America.  I don't know if we really understand how lucky we are.  There are  still many countries in the world where people don't have the freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom to speak their minds like we have. Many of these people can't even be safe in their own homes.  That is sad.

I believe that God preserved this country for us. For a people who would stand up for their freedoms and follow his commandments. Take care of each other. We can't take God out of our schools, or government, or homes. When that happens we will no longer be free. We need to keep Him on our side. The early settlers of this country fought to keep us free. They came here from across the ocean to have these freedoms. Those who wrote the Constitution were God fearing Christian men with good values.

My 4th great grand uncle Alexander Gemmill died in a war in 1862.  My grandfather was in France during the war. My husband was in the Viet Nam war.  My son is in the service too, he went to Iraq. 

This weekend we take the time to remember those who have fought to keep our country free. Especially those that didn't make it back alive.

Please pray for our troops that are away. Freedom isn't free.

Take care



2 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen, Janet. We sometimes forget the price that freedom really costs u! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, Just checking out your site that you posted in my commnet box. I love it!! Would you like to swap buttons? Mine is on my site. Kristine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)