"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Friday, November 11, 2011

Downy Again...:)

Hi there!  Yesterday we went to Utah. Riverdale, Utah to be precise.  Me, Mel and Downy. Mel and Downy spent most of the time in the car.  Mel has a hard time getting around. And Downy, well...how many stores will let dogs in?

The purpose of the trip was to go shopping for craft supplies. I had bought  what I could here in town at Walmart.  That wasn't very much, and there is no other place in town to get things.  First stop was Michael's. Michael's is a craft supply store in the West.  I don't know if they are nation-wide. They have a wide variety of things. But they did not have all that I needed.  I was able to buy a paper cutter/trimmer, and etching solution. No cartridges for my Cricut.  So on we go to JoAnn's another neat store. I think it  started out as a fabric store only and then after a while went on to include a bigger selection of art and craft items.  Here I was able to get one cartridge, Winter Lace that has snowflakes on it, vinyl and transfer tape for it, and some adhesive dots.  

After this we headed for home. At about the half-way point we got off the interstate for a break.  We stopped in Morgan, Utah at a little gas station/minimart place.  Mel went inside to go potty. And Downy (our doggie) stayed outside to go potty.  I had to carry her a ways across the parking lot to get to a grassy area.  And boy, did she have fun. All the leaves had fallen from the trees and were crackling under her feet.  We don't have trees in our little yard so she is not used to leaves.  She did what she went there for and then went running all over the place. It was hilarious.  I through leaves on her too. lol  Then we are on our way again.

I wanted to be ready for  our Santa's Workshop event on the 19th, but because of how long it is taking for things to come together I am afraid that it may not happen.  I have only a week to make enough things to sell, and I am having a hard time getting a hold of the people who are in charge, to see if I can get a booth.  If I am not ready then I will work toward being ready for the spring craft bazaar. When I get some things made I will take pictures and put them on here for you to see. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day getting your crafts supplies, Michaels and JoAnn Frbrics is here in the midwest to...Love the stores.. Hope you have a great day...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds like fun. There is a Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics about a half hour from our house. The kids love to go there. On Sunday we went to Michaels to get some make and bake clay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)