"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Am Thankful for...

Each of us have so many things to be thankful for. We thank the Lord for all of our blessings; our families, friends, jobs, the roof over our head, etc. This night before Thanksgiving day I am thinking about something that I haven't thought of before at this time of year. I am grateful for my religion, my faith.  In the 14th-16th centuries or so many people in other countries wanted the freedom to worship God in their own way. To not be dictated to by the government/churches of their states or countries.  I believe that this country, America was meant for this purpose.  That God's hand was in the discovery of this land.  And he guided those here who wanted to worship him freely.  He choose good religious men to write the laws of the land and of religious freedom.This is to be a land of religious tolerance.  I am grateful for that. I am grateful that I am free to choose my religion.  To worship Heavenly Father his way. One of the Articles of Faith of my church is:
 
We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.


I am thankful that we all can worship according to the dictates of our own conscience.  That we can all be friends whether we believe exactly the same or not.  That we can learn and grow from each other. Be uplifted by  each others faith. And be Christians and not hated for it. 


May we all be ever thankful for our freedom of religion. May we love each other as Jesus taught.

  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13: 34,35

I wish you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.  Take care all....(((HUGS)))




















1 comment:

  1. HAPPY THANKSGIVING...May you travel safe and have a wonderful time.. (((HUGS))) Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)