"Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you."

Monday, April 9, 2012

From Christmas Meadows To Manorlands


Hi everyone,

I hope all of you have had a great Monday and that your Easter weekend was wonderful. Thinking of our Saviour always makes my weekends and every day wonderful. :)

Today I wanted to show you pictures of Manorlands it is in the Christmas Meadows area of the Uintah Mountains in northern Utah.  A few years ago my husband and I were security and caretakers there. We were there for about 2 1/2 years. We thought that we would be there forever. I miss it alot. 




 See the deer to the left of the tree or pole above?







Above, in the pic that shows the road signs....there is a measurement   gage  on the sign pole, can anyone tell how high the snow is?
And look at that elk. We've seen herds of 60 or so at a time. It's amazing.
The last pic is of our house when we were there. They called it the 'Security Cabin' I don't see where it resembles a cabin. Just that it is in the woods and inside we had a wood burning stove. :)


We had about 300-500 property owners ( I think). And 22 miles of road. And acres and acres of land to keep an eye on. It was great. 


Mel's sister and family have a place there and we have friends up there still so we can visit.  Been a long time though since we have been able to go.  It is also a great place to go if you want to see the leaves changing color in the fall. Sighhhhh....


Gotta go Take care all....



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot. I am sorry that you weren't able to stay there. It looks like something right out of a book. I hope you CAN get back to visit one day. I can't read the sign tha measures the snow~ Blessings to you today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    How wonderful that you had an opportunity to live there and enjoy all that beauty!

    I can't tell for certain how deep the snow is.. but it looks deep!

    Hope you have a great day.

    p.s. I asked my hubby if he knew where this area is, and it turns out he does. He's been hunting there before. Hmmm... maybe one day, we can take a ride up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful place! My husband would LOVE a job like that!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet - Belated Easter blessings to you!
    What a place! The wildflowers...the animals...
    heaven for nature lovers.
    I bet you do miss it.
    Hoping all is well with you and Mel, and your family.
    xxx Hazelnut/A

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was a big job! But a beautiful place to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful day. :)